If you need with healthcare you have come to the right place. Follow the below instructions to step you thru what to do.

You will need your DD214 Separation Document. If you don’t have that you can go here and request it. If you need your DD214 number in a hurry you can hire a private company here. Any next of kin can also do this (mother, father, sibling, non-remarried widow, or non-divorced spouse).

You will need the service member’s social security number, date of service (approximate), place and date of birth, place where discharged (if possible), and last assigned unit (if possible). You go can here and read information that will walk you through the process.

Once you have your service number (also known as dog tag number) from your DD214 form, you can apply for eBenefits here. VA benefits are doled out at different rates and at different prices depending on what Priority Group you are in. You can read about the Priority Groups here. If you are already enrolled in eBenefits, you can determine your Priority Group by calling the VA at (877) 222-8387. If you would like your Priority Group changed, you can call that same phone number. You local congressman may be able to assist you with getting your Priority Group changed. You can find your local congressman here.

If you live more than 40 miles from a VA facility or you have been waiting more than 30 days for care, you may be eligible to obtain care in a private facility compliments of the VA. To check your eligibility go here.